Saturday, March 26, 2011

Week 7, Term One

On Monday we had our first visit to the Nelson Museum to discover more information about fossils. Imogen had lots of really interesting fossils for us to look at and to hold. One of the highlights was going into the cave where moa bones were once found.


Before we started our printing on Friday Funday we warmed up the muscles in our hands by popping bubbles using our 'pinching fingers'. We are working very hard on getting our pencil grips correct. Simple exercises such as this help to strengthen the muscles required to hold our pencils.


Next week...Our sounds will be ng, v, oo, y or e, h, r, m
Our words will be these, were / was, for.
During maths time will be focussing on number knowledge to 20.
Thank you to all those parents who have made appointments for parent interviews. This is an excellent time for us to catch up on where your child is at and to discuss any questions or concerns you may have.
On Monday Sam will be teaching in Renwick 3 as I am on a Fundamental Skills course at Saxton Field.
We have started our cross country training in preparation for the big event which is early next term. Please ensure your child has suitable footwear to run in.

Have a happy and safe week!

2 comments:

  1. Renwick 3 you are so lucky to have a special teacher like Neroli who finds fun activities for you to do! I think my class in Room 3 would like to strengthen their fingers by popping bubbles too! Where does Neroli get all of her wonderful ideas from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Neroli
    Love your slide shows! I saw some kids I know from visits last year. I love you! My teacher is called Miss Becky. I think that's funny because that's my Mum's name! We have 3 snack times at my new school, morning tea, lunch and then we have another snack time in the afternoon. We are having a class party on Friday for the end of term. Only 2 more days until then. One of my new friends is called Karla. I went to her house for dinner for my birthday. I am 6 now and I have 2 wiggly teeth! We go to school on a tuktuk every morning.

    Love from Pippa

    ReplyDelete